Today, I am being treated to a dinner made by my significant other. Simple, but flavorful, this linguine dish is perfect for the hot summer months with its refreshing citrus notes.
A bowl of pasta or spaghetti of your choice
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp parsley
Two slices of prosciutto, or parma ham if you prefer
One lemon (juice and zest)
Grated parmesan (to garnish)
A sprig or two of coriander (to garnish)
- Boil a saucepan of water – enough to cover the pasta.
- When boiling, add the dry pasta or spaghetti to the pan and stir regularly. Depending on how much you are using (and how many servings), it may take between 8-12 minutes.
- To add the lemon, you can do one of the following;
- Squeeze half a lemon into the water.
- Leave a lemon wedge in the water during boiling – this is what Evan did.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pasta after draining for a much stronger taste.
- Whilst the rest of the dish is cooking, slice the prosciutto into ribbons and place to
- one side.When the pasta is soft and thoroughly cooked, drain off all water.
- Mix in with the pasta: Grated lemon zest, parsley, and prosciutto ribbons.
- Plate up and scatter with grated parmesan and add coriander sprigs to garnish.